PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 20th May 2010, 13:21
yellowdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conclusions??

Am I the only one that's laughing myself silly at seeing one of the reasons to stay with BASSA as their legaleagleness?!?!!

Oh, I think a bit of wee came out!!!
Flybymerchant,

Me thinks you jump to too many conclusions;

1. I am not and never have been a member of BASSA
2. I have not and never have preached to anyone that they should be in a union.
3. I have first hand experience of the fabulous back up that my union provided me when something went wrong, personally, at work.
4. The legal expertise is not provided by BASSA, and I hope never will be because they are not legal people. The expertise is provided by Unite
5. I would never want to go back to the days of hardcore 70's "militantism"; just a healthy industrial relation between the employer and their employees.

All I'm saying is be practical when deciding whether to leave the umbrella of a union, for a consultative committee, which as far as I can see has no legal standing at British Airways. I know I will still be paying my subs to Unite long after all this has been forgotten, and yes my legal bills came to a lot more than I can ever pay Unite in subs.

Don't forget nearly every big work force is unionised; all the teachers, all the nurses, all the policemen can they all be wrong?

Last edited by yellowdog; 20th May 2010 at 13:49.