PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 20th May 2010, 12:48
Get Smart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www your claim that T5 was deserted today are untrue I'm afraid. I was there on sby and walked down to M&S and it didn't seem any less busy than a normal day to me.

Ruptions at CRC today as it seems they were very over-crewed. Crew who's flight had been cancelled were put to sby and there were plenty of those. Evidentally 150 sby crew - not that I can confirm that but it certainly was standing room only.

In addition to that, due to BA's contigency plan, obviously some of which seemed to remain in place, there were vcc's rostered for flights and the original 'real crew' due no strike, also reported. Rumour around CRC was that management had removed 'known strikers' from the trips and kept the vcc's on. Again - a rumour and not confirmed but I did see managers running in and out of briefing rooms having intense conversations with crew and I there were a few angry faces around.

If this is true, I don't feel any sympathy for strikers that have been sent home. Quite happy to hijack the company when it suits them and not to show up for work, but when the company doesn't need them and sends them home, they don't like it. Well, I lost my very lucrative nightstop as well due to the cancelled strike and sat there on sby loosing money but I didn't complain!!

If any strikers were sent home then they only have themselves to blame and should accept the consequences. If you set out to cause mass disruption, the expect to be disrupted!! It cuts both ways