PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett
Thread: Ansett
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 09:57
Tainlovestofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ansett

I am new to aviation and have been cabin crew for less than a year now. In my ground school was a former Ansett FA and then when I started IFT my trainer was also ex Ansett and because of these two I have not stopped hearing about how great Ansett used to be. They keep telling me that they were the highest paid CC in the world (or maybe just Australia, I can't remember...please correct me) and this meant that all the staff were extremely loyal and well trained. I have come across a lot of ex Ansett people in my new job and must say I have been very impressed with them.

I guess I am just genuinely interested to know, since I never even flew Ansett as a passenger back in the day, and since this industry is now the absolute love of my life, what the deal was with this? Could anyone give me the run down? What kind of money were they making? Was it really something special pay wise (for that era)? Was this pay part of the reason Ansett collapsed? I also hear Ansett employees (well, CC anyways) got 12 free flights domestically a year at one stage.

I'd just love to get some insiders POVs cos I'm just curious and would like to learn what it used to be like there before it all collapsed.