PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith and Broome Airport
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 07:51
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
About 50% of their 350 Class D aerodromes have no radar coverage in the E airspace immediately above the D.
I believe there are around 29, yes 29 class D towers with E above in the USA with the number of movements equivalent to ASP, BME and KTA.

There are literally dozens of Class D towers with TRSA radar services. A significant number of equivalent towers are are Class...wait for it...C!

Get your "facts" right, Dick. Can we believe anything you say?

Whenever I’ve spoken to FAA or UK airspace experts, they claim that non-radar towers should be responsible for a small amount of airspace so the ATC can concentrate where the collision risk is greater.
Oh, so how do explain the ONLY near-misses in E that have occurred in the AUSNAS have occurred a fair distance from the airfield?

Once again, you demonstrate how out of touch with reality you are. A "Dick" zone at KTA or BME will be real fun with 3 jets and a couple of lighties all arriving at 5nm the same time. And you reckon the runway/circuit is the most dangerous place. Wrong. Oh, I forgot, the Enroute controller will be sequencing, using procedural standards, all the jets (except those that have chosen to go Free in E+). And don't worry about the bugsmashers also tracking for the airport/base/3nm final: "keep your eyeballs out and you'll be right". After all, the CARs ORDER me to lookout and prevent collisions.