PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weighing chances up north.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 00:40
Blueskymine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who had worked in Kunnus advised me that you shouldn't get up there any later than Easter to be in a good chance of getting employed
If you went to the same flying school as the CP and are one of the chosen few then rock up the day before the calls go out and you'll get a job

The reason why I ask is because I have heard that there are STILL 'fresh' CPL holders making the pilgrimage in May, and the hiring month. Is it too late for me to head up? Like I said, my friend said no later than Easter
There are, but they have plenty of cold beer chilled in their chilly bins ready to dish out at the opportunistic chief pilots who enjoy the free ride at the back packers as often as they can. Usually these guys will get a check ride first and if they fail at one company it automatically gives them the right to a check ride at the opposition. This is especially the case if they have a furry logbook.

My friend also advised me that what the operators tend to do at entry level is hire those who have been in town the longest
This used to be the case. Now it's who can stand the sight of the CPs for the longest and dig their hand the deepest in his back pocket. This will entitle you to free lifts in the bus at least.

Last edited by Blueskymine; 20th May 2010 at 01:42.