PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 23:59
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
dave3

You have every right to put your case, in fact it is welcomed. However, what we all seem to see from UNITE/BASSA supporters/strikers is frequent posts seemingly designed to antagonise and short of any logic or facts. Posts which do not seem to question what UNITE /BASSA have achieved or what the current goal is or what the dispute is about or how it is going to be settled.

We frequently read that WW has to return to 'sensible negotiations' when it surely must be apparent to even the terminally stupid that that cliche means give in to the demands over disciplinaries and ST. Anybody witnessing this train crash from the beginning and from the inside knows that WW may drive a hard bargain but doesn't do it for his health but is trying to make BA fit for purpose in the current cut throat shambles which passes for the airline business.

When this started I thought that UNITE/BASSA would capitulate fairly rapidly. They didn't but they didn't win either and nor are they ever likely to win. They will be ineffective for many years to come after this debacle but what truly worries me is that the damage they have inflicted on BA may well prove terminal for BA and the 40+ thousand employees around the world.

As I said your presence is welcome but it would be refreshing to see a cogent post with some constructive argument defending your corner instead of short and irrelevant nonsense about whether VCC deserve to be paid and quoting untruths about what volunteers are actually being paid. It is notable when asked for more detail you ignored the request.