PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leather Flying Jacket
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 19:39
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure about some of the figures quoted on here but understand prices may have changed recently. From my own experience a few years ago, the girl/woman I spoke to at Aviation Leathercraft was not too helpful. The price on the website was the price full stop with no discount for being currently serving aircrew. I also needed a headed letter to prove who I was, just to get the official RAF version (which I don't think you can navigate to on their website - albeit as some have already commented, it's pretty similar to the RN Harrier version).

So for real man size, that was 310.64 x 1.175 (VAT) = 365 + 12 (minimum delivery charge) = 377 QUID.

Pops version = $360 with no VAT or import tax and no delivery cost. Using the currency converter on Pops website today = 250 QUID.

I think most people agree, the British version is probably slightly better but, as always, it's the buyers decision at the end of the day. In my case, the exchange rate at the time was a lot better than today and so I went for the Pops version. Fit, quality and service are/were all good and despite a fair amount of wear, it still looks like new (not necessarily a good thing). Nice touch with the custom made for (name) patch sewn inside too.

QWIN - on a separate note, I doubt if we have ever met but purely from your last note, I know that it would have been a pleasure to work and fly with you!