PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 17:15
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrolleyTrolley

Hotel Mode is right. If you look at your payslip, you will see that the vast majority of your variable pay is meal allowances, these and DOA/NIAs will continue to be paid ON TOP OF the MTP.

The reason WW MTP figure is so much higher is that THEIR MTP includes box payments and ETP which make up a MUCH bigger proportion of their variable pay. Meal allowances on WW are a relatively small part.

The MTP was calculated by taking the grand total of all these non meal/DOA allowances paid to the crew community crew, by grade and fleet, in 08/09, (INCLUDING, incidently, off schedule ETP triggered by delays/disruption that year) and dividing it by the number of crew in that grade and fleet. Transparent - no diddling.

The reason that so many people don't understand it still, is I suspect, as usual the BASSA Ministy of Misinformation.

I really, really am getting very angry and frustrated to have to, even now, correct inaccurate information from my fellow crew.

Having said that, sorry to hear about your bin.