PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dyncorp
Thread: Dyncorp
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 16:44
contrabando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyncorp operations

Dyncorp is a huge US government contractor doing a variety of things aviation oriented all over the globe. I went to their Air Tractor 802 class in 2002 in Albuquerque, NM. Got to the 8th. week & couldn't take the bull**** anymore.

Their Standardization Instructor, a genuine grade A Bob Benson got on my ass regular by demanding why I always went for a hard packed dirt road instead of a dirt field when he pulled the motor on me.

If you know what an AT-802 is, can any of you give me an answer to that? It's a single engine, LOW wing big aircraft.

I went for the hard packed road ALWAYS because if you're STUPID ENOUGH like their Standardization Instructor was to demand that you land in a dirt field...you stand a good chance of flipping the F-ing thing over in the dirt field, thereby locking you inside & watching yourself being cooked alive.

That and a few other things these idiots did is what made me resign. My opinion, stay the hell away from these unless things have changed mightily in the last 8 years. They're probably spraying the Opium plants in Afghan like the Coca plants in Colombia & other points south. BFD.