PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are jet* pay and conditions that bad?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 15:21
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEWS UPDATE!!!

Germany and Japan have lost the war...and Robert Gordon Menzies is no longer the Prime Minister of Australia..............more later!

If someone was earning $3,000,000 per year 20 years ago as a QF 767 F/O then good luck to him, lucky bugger - right place, right time, ain't available now.

For those looking at entry airline positions in Australia today - look at what's on offer, apply, be processed, accept or reject as you see fit.

The good old days have gone - so has loyalty; if you see an advantage in paying/getting some time then f**king off overseas for money/adventure/whatever so be it - you've paid for your rating, you have no no obligations to your employer - and your employer is half expecting that.

Ignore (or maybe filter) the advice of the chest thumpers "...IN MY DAY..."; that was their day, this is your day, their desire for a return to the value of their service to airline XXX I appreciate and applaud, their mentality and logic I don't understand as it has no basis in the real world - as is not going to happen.

If airlines start cancelling flights because no-one wants to be a pilot anymore (so T&C's are forced up up) could someone please crawl across.. a hell frozen over.. to advise.

Cheers
galdian