PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA ground service failure - again
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 14:58
Final 3 Greens

BA ground service failure - again

Just had a couple of pleasant Club World sectors to/from the middle east.

Had to choose BA, because of schedule considerations.

Crew on board delivered a good service both ways, pleasantly.

However, the ground circus continues, despite a nearly 3 hour connection, my suitcase didn't make the outbound flight.

Apparently the company knew this and had transmitted a message to destination, who sat on their hands - what a shame I had to wait by the carousel for 30 mins, before going to luggage desk - cr*ppy service for someone who has just paid quite a lot for the privilege.

I was then issued with an allegedly pre-paid credit card, which was declined by three shops and a cash machine.

The duty manager promised me it would work when I got to London - ha ha, good joke.

Whilst I always seem to have a decent experience in the air, it is high time BA realised that the journey is end to end.

The ground part is an ongoing disaster from my perspective, something goes wrong every trip.

At least they only charged me once for this ticket, mind you I did decide to book via Expedia as I have lost confidence in BA after the last wheeze, when the company billed me £12K for a £4K ticket and maxed out my credit card half way through a trip - thanks guys.

And before Rusland and some others start talking about 'BA bashing', please note I am just recounting facts.