PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pregnant crew - need your advice
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 12:43
tiggerific_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pregnant crew - need your advice

Hi folks

I'm in depserate need of some advice from crew who are currently grounded or have been grounded due to pregnancy.

I found out I was pregnant in November, and miscarried at just over 5 weeks. I fell pregnant again straight away, and was grounded again in December. I then miscarried again at 7 weeks.
I've just found out I'm pregnant again. It's still a day or two before my period is due but because I had unmissable symptoms, I've tested early. However, I have a couple of concerns.

It's my hen weekend at the point where i'd be a week or so late, and feel like enough time had passed to be pretty certain I was pregnant and ground myself. Part of me feels it would look dodgy if I was to suddenly get grounded then, as if it is almost a bit convenient. I'm obviously also concerned about miscarrying again, and don't want to waste the companys time by grounding myself early on with the worry of miscarrying early again. But i'm also concerned about any health implications if I were to keep on flying for a couple more weeks.

So i'd like to know what other crew members have done when they've found out they were pregnant, and any advice any one has got, how early on you grounded yourself etc. I've been trying to get in touch with my manager but to no avail.

Thanks