PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 12:32
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that we should all belong to a union and I haven't seen any evidence that BA want it any other way. Fair and sensible union representation has a well-deserved position in the modern world, and has clear benefits for the employee AND the employer. Unfair and idiotic/destructive 'representation' has no place....anywhere.

The onus should be on cabin crew to leave the union and stop paying for this campaign when they realises that they have been lied to and misrepresented but it looks like they fear that there is no alternative at the moment (until PCCC gets recognition?)

As the cc seem unwilling/scared to help themselves, Willie Walsh has a duty of care to his employees to destroy the cult....he may not get the chance unless he hurries up though, as they themselves seem hell-bent on self-destruction, with their silly videos and their pathetic attempts at withdrawing labour that doesn't really get missed and will become less and less damaging as Willie starts external recruitment immediately.....as the strike was unlawful/illegal, there is currently no active dispute at BA, so he's free to recruit straight away as I understand it.

Also Unite appear about ready to turn their backs on BASSA.....again