PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 12:18
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet

I have a healthy disregard for the spin of airline and airport spokespeople so I don't really know what to think of Sophie Dekkers's comment.

Sharm is very popular and last winter BRS had five weekly charter flights to SSH so that might be on the easyJet radar.

Murcia seems a surprise and the Harpists may well step in there and to Pisa as they did with the two Vs.

I was at BRS this week and in the terminal saw an easyJet advertisement 'Biarritz from £18 something or other, New Route'. Knowing that the airline had discontinued the route this summer after running it in summers 08 and 09 I thought perhaps they had had second thoughts for 2010 and maybe it was to return later this summer.

The woman from Menzies at the easyJet enquiry desk told me that the easyJet people were supposed to remove the advert but haven't yet got round to doing so. I hadn't noticed it before but presumably it's been there since 2008 when Biarritz was a new route. So if anyone else sees the advert be assured the route is not returning this summer.

Expansion plans

Local Conservative MP Liam Fox, the new defence minister, has written to the transport minister opposing the expansion, according to the BEP. The paper has been trying to contact neighbouring Tory MP, John Penrose, for his comments on the North Somerset planning officers' recommendations but it seems he is keeping his head down and the Post failed to reach him.