PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 12:17
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I say, it was just a thought. In a calm, prepared environment, a selected-selected NPA is a complete doddle (though I prefer and love managed-managed!). There will be something amiss on this one, which only the boxes will reveal.
Possible loss of situational awareness? (blinded by the light, there's no better camouflage) I recall many years ago landing into the setting sun in northern Australia, visual just below scattered cloud at min. but as approach continued the setting sun come into play and sight of the runway was completely lost, not only that but visibility inside the cockpit, that is to say of the instrument panel become very difficult, we went around, but if i was being totally honest at what height we had no idea, moments are lost in trying to shade ones face to improve the forward visibility to try to redeem the situation and as we all know time moves very quickly when things start going against you.
So it is quite possible that they did everything right and lost sight of the field and control of the aircraft after they had commited to land.