PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 11:00
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozzie, you wrote....

But I'm sorry part of the problem is now Walsh.

He needs to sit down and negotiate sensibly if this dispute is to get resolved and we all need to pull together to repair the damage done to this once great company.

Have to say though with WW as CEO I can't see this happening anytime soon.
Walsh is very definitely NOT part of the problem. At least that's how the City, the Shareholders, the Board, the Press, the rest of BA's employees, the majority of BA Cabin Crew and what few passengers we have left see it.

If, by some freak occurrence, Willie Walsh were to stand down, do you think the next CEO would just say, "OK CC, you work FAIRLY hard (although less then in any other airline in the world), and you don't earn MASSIVE amounts of cash (although you do earn double what our competitors pay) but your terms & conditions are the best in the industry and we ARE losing almost a £BILLION each and every year, and all other staff groups HAVE cut their costs to keep us afloat, and it IS just you cabin crew who selfishly refuse to contribute for the better good of the company.......but I'll tell you what....why don't we cave in to your outrageous hostage situation, let's forget about the £140 million that you were asked to save, let's foget about the Volcano catastrophe and the crippling World Recession, they don't REALLY affect our ability to stay solvent, let's forget about the £100 million+ you have caused to us DIRECTLY AND MALICIOUSLY by your unjustified and unpopular campaign of terror. Let's forget about how you have dragged BAs good name through the courts, the papers and the mud. How about we just forget all that and put that one crew member back on, and no, of course we won't recruit them on New Fleet Ts&Cs, we'll let them have your incredibly high pay structures and incredibly restrictive work practices, all nicely tied up in a ribbon-bowed contract."

you also said....

He needs to sit down and negotiate sensibly
...good one