PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 10:52
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OzzieO

melc a very passionate post and in parts so very true. But I'm sorry part of the problem is now Walsh.

He needs to sit down and negotiate sensibly if this dispute is to get resolved and we all need to pull together to repair the damage done to this once great company.

Have to say though with WW as CEO I can't see this happening anytime soon.
What have they been doing for the past 14 months then?

Every time a solution comes close BASSA move the goal posts and start raving on about something totally tangental.

If BA and Willie Walsh were so poor at negotiation and so obstinate how have they managed to get ALL other departments of BA onto new, negotiated contracts? Including the loaders and baggage handlers who have traditionally been some of the most difficult to handle?

Why is it that the rest of the company are not backing BASSA? Not because of the 'cabin crew bashing' that BASSA continue to publicise but purely and simply that BASSA have misrepresented their membership, spun lies, deceit and misinformation directed at keeping the LH CSD's that BASSA represents in their cushy position and protecting the interests of the part time BASSA board. Even Tony Woodley was overheard to say that BASSA were a loose cannon! (printed in the Express I believe but I have not read the article so cannot comment on the factual authenticity)

BASSA do not want a resolution. They want Willie Walsh to be sacked so they can continue to hold BA to ransom whenever they feel like it. The board of BASSA deserve no respect. They are holding the jobs, futures and livelihoods of their members in their grubby little fist and using them to protect their own somewhat overfunded lifestyles.

Enough. The BASSA board have a duty to ensure that the interests of their members are put above all else. If, as Tony Woodley stated on 5 Live, an agreement can be reached then that agreement should and must be taken. BASSA cannot continue to bleed money from BA for the reinstatement of perks and sacked Union buddies when their mandate for strike has been resolved. Accept the deal and then, if you are still standing BASSA, negotiate on reinstatement. Don't use your members jobs, the jobs of all BA staff and the misery of our customers as a bargaining chip and then cry on You-Tube that you are hard done by.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 19th May 2010 at 11:06. Reason: Perhaps a little too personal. Sorry!