PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ----- FAA vs JAA -----
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2002, 21:35
gorky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA is not so bad, you can work as a cfi and log time like I did.
JAA is more based on the theory, if you want succed, you need both, FAA for the hours and JAA because europe is the only place where you can work(on a plane bigger than a C401).
I dont think there is one best way, but i think there are several ways to not to follow and the first one to avoid is to give 90'000 euros to one of these crap flight schools who will tell you :"write ox... on your resume, how close of this do u want be or your office at 30'000 feet".
this is BS, believe what you want, make your own politic, but do not believe these people working for flight schools.they want ONE thing:YOUR MONEY!
aviation is changing every 6 months.
I know personaly somebody who was responsible for the marketing of a flight school.he told me he was just calculating the price to train a pilot and that s all! they dont care if you find a job or not, if your experience is enough to join the market.
and you know what? this guy told me: if you want a job, better to go west.no east, no south but west...
JAA is now so expensive, that airline will have a real problem to find experienced pilot.they dont want guys with 200h. they want guys with 2000h, turbine experience, commercial experience...
Go in the USA!you will come back with confidence,with a real flight experience ...USA train more than 10'000 pilots everyyear, because they are the best!
Europe train how much? 1000 pilots maybe more, maybe less a year, with 200 hours total time, what is that?how many give up after 2 years of job prospect? 50%, maybe 80%.
JAA with 200h? nowayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!