PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are jet* pay and conditions that bad?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 10:11
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately you're talking about the forces of supply and demand here. Remember, supply and demand influence price (or in this case, T&C's).

No it doesn't. Supply & demand in Australian airlines only results in varying entry requirements. In some overseas Airlines that require specific experience - YES; In some GA companies in Australia that require specific experience levels - YES; In Australian Airlines - NEVER. I'd love to be proven wrong but I've never seen the ideology work in practice in the OZ airline scene.

IMHO T&C's are not good in Australian Airlines, Largely because our union, association, gathering or whatever it wants to be called spent many years neither pursuing GA membership nor offering any real protection / influence in GA. The nett result is that there are generations of GA pilots who learnt to look after number 1 so well that they don't see any value in group cohesion when they make it to an airline. And why would they? The concept of group dynamics & the greater good (ie Do no harm) is a foreign concept for many, & one that needs to be explained early & readily supported by a higher power.