PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 19th May 2010, 09:19
Missyminx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave,

The Bassa membership have been continually misled unfortunately; some people have been quicker to understand this than others and have resigned from the union. During the last strike, there were monumental inaccuracies communicated to Bassa members (and worse, the press) –eg: messages to say that planes were circling LHR empty (laughable) and that only 6 crew had shown for work in CRC!: In my briefing (at the time of such texts), there was the full complement for 777 – of regular crew, all backing BA. At work, not because they were ‘scared’ or ‘not wanting to lose staff travel’ but out of a moral duty and a desire to do the right thing
I’m sorry Dave, I understand you may be backing your union, but in no one’s books could the behaviour of the aforementioned union be said to be backing BA. When a group of employees sets out to destroy the very hand that feeds them, to possibly destroy the careers of their colleagues – both immediate and wider – it is most definitely NOT an act of support, in fact it is an act of sabotage. This is the very reason why there are so many passionate comments on here from people who want to see our company shine again. We all, cc included, need to contribute to that end.