PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cannes LFMD Mandatory training
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 05:53
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
is that its a VFR procedure and the points are not referenced to anywhere

It's not a VFR procedure - it is circling with prescribed flight tracks which is an IFR procedure.

FWIW, the coordinates of LUXUS and PIBON are (from up to date Flitestar)

LUXUS N43 32.9 E 6 59.5
PIBON N43 35.9 E 6 59.0

Hope that helps.
Dave, technically correct. But at 1800ft reducing to 1500ft over rising ground lets agree that its a VMC procedure, or at least should be by the time you get downwind....

Besides what if you were flying there IFR in an aircraft which only has "standard" equipment with no GPS equipment at all? - perfectly possible.

So there you are, inbound IFR in your Piper Cherokee with your FM Immune KNS80 you fly the localiser to the 3.0 mile point or whatever it is and then you have a track to fly and a prescribed distance referenced from nowhere so its a wind corrected heading and your stopwatch. Not the best recipe for accuracy especially with somebody with a microphone and hi res camera looking up at you.

I like Cannes and I appreciate its a finite resource and its important that we manage noise properly, but isn't it nealry always the case that the simplest fixes are the best? Have Jepps put the lat and long on the plate (As Aerad do) and everyones a winner.

Thanks for the LAT/LONG when I get busted on arrival I'll tell the guy from the DGAC I got them off prune

PS in the 680 its worldwide data provided by a joint venture with Honeywell/Jeppesen called INDS, we use the same data as G450/G550/Falcon 2000/900 easy's