PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 02:42
TRX75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unite's New Spin Campaign

I post for fellow PPRuners information the text of the full page advert placed by Unite in Tuesday's hard-copy Daily Mirror.

BA's bullies are
keeping me grounded

I would rather be doing the job I love, looking after the passengers who keep British Airways in business. Instead, I am fighting for my future. I want to tell you why.

I know airlines are in difficulties. That is why my union, Unite, has agreed to tens of millions of pounds worth of savings to help our company through hard times.

But having got all the cuts and changes required, British Airways is victimising and persecuting loyal and long-serving cabin crew for taking lawful strike action. More than 50 of my colleagues have been suspended or sacked, some with over 30 years of loyal service. Thousands of cabin crew and their families have had long-established travel arrangements scrapped for the rest of their working lives. And we are not allowed to speak to you about any of this on pain of dismissal.

British Airways represents a great British tradition. But there is another great British tradition which the company doesn't get - standing up to bullies. We have voted three times by overwhelming majorities to tell the bully to back off.

Treating cabin crew decently wouldn't cost the company an extra penny. Instead, it is blowing millions on trying to crush and humiliate me, when it has the savings it needs. Passengers, shareholders and the BA board need to be asking Willie Walsh WHY?

Please give us your support and get BA airborne again. Visit
Brutish Airways ? Support the BA Cabin Crew ? There is a better way
to find out the truth about this dispute
The advert includes a picture of a member of BA cabin crew with the byline 'posed by model to avoid bullying'
It seems from the model's expression that she's had dealings with one of BA's finest in the recent past. She's wearing that 'how dare you awful people disrupt my little jolly by requiring me to do my job' look. She has the look off to a tee - and very frightening it is too
I'm not going to comment - other than to say that it's an indication of the union's total lack of any appreciation of reality that they seek to undo all the damage they have caused with this load of bt.