PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Off to University for 3 years. Should I get my PPL?
Old 19th May 2010, 00:19
Aerouk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes that is what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear, often happens when I ramble . What I meant was having a degree in the current economic situation is not very useful because there aren't many current vacancies which require a degree. Most jobs do not require a degree and therefore graduates and school leavers will both be applying for the same jobs.
Sorry, but that's nonsense.

Student's are struggling because there are just far too many of them with little experience of the industries they are entering, decent Universities prepare you well for the industry you are entering.

A lot of my friends are Aero Engineering graduates who have all ended up with pretty snazzy jobs earning them on average about 30k, which is an excellent wage when you're 21-30.

I was working with a huge Spanish company while at University earning the same money as my full time friends. I ended up working in China during my 3rd year to attract top Chinese students to the UK (which was superb, Chinese girls love the Brits by the way!)