PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Off to University for 3 years. Should I get my PPL?
Old 18th May 2010, 23:40
lander66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines commonly require university entrance level education
Thanks for sharing the article, it has some useful information. However the article states that airlines prefer you to be at "university entry level" which means that you need A levels. It states nowhere that airlines prefer degree holders. Either you misread the article or misunderstood me, I do have A levels so I meet these demands. I do accept that having a degree can only improve your chances, but not by a lot, especially if you have other valuable life experience such as a full-time job.

I don't think this is unique to graduates. Anyone with little experience will struggle to find a well paid job to start - especially in a recession.
Yes that is what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear, often happens when I ramble . What I meant was having a degree in the current economic situation is not very useful because there aren't many current vacancies which require a degree. Most jobs do not require a degree and therefore graduates and school leavers will both be applying for the same jobs.