PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unite & BA
Thread: Unite & BA
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 20:15
Daifly

Find it very strange that they think there is any public support for their cause now. An average salary of £35k not being enough is somewhat difficult to defend to people who don't earn anything like that (the majority of the country) and the Union need to take a good look at themselves for much the same reason - particularly when the people from BA offices who are providing the supplemental staffing are Unite members, but not related to BASSA.

I'm not sure what their end game is - do they honestly want to shut down the airline, because if they do the Government have to step in and legislate against actions like that. If BA were raping and pillaging their staff then I would maybe have a different opinion, but with unemployment nearing 3m I think they really need to think long and hard about what they are doing to their livelihoods and the livelihoods of thousands of others - the knock on effect on even the people working in the shops in T5 seems to be being forgotten - they are going without their commission because there are no people buying things.

It's all just very ****** up and I think the Union leaders have to realise that we're not in the 1970's any more and that Willie doesn't appear to be one for capitulation.

- And the last time I was on the train, in First, I had to endure a Unite union leader mouthing off about the backstabbing in the leadership of his union for 45 minutes. I wonder if his members realise that First is the class of travel for union reps now - I see even the Prime Minister travels Standard. Totally mad.