PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mekong in Vietnam
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 17:11
crj705

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just stating our ages etc to illustrate that we don't really care about school systems or anything of that nature.
While that might be true, the vast majority of contract pilots do care about these things. And, the terms you accept, affect us all.

As I live in Thailand, I can't comment on the specifics of living in Vietnam. However, while you can live cheap in Asia, it can be expensive too. Reliable, safe transportation cost money. Good housing is expensive. Western food will cost money. I just paid 8 USD for a box of cheerios. However, you can get all the bugs and grubs you can eat for about 10 cents.

One of the biggest adjustments I had to living in Asia is coming to realize that the cost of life here is very cheap. Safety is not a concept here in everyday life. No car seats, infants on motorcycles, pedestrians have no right of way, and driving on the roads is like modern urban combat. Also, be prepared to pay a "white man's tax" on everything.(white in this case includes any non SE Asian)

I think its a great deal that you guys have this offer and I bet everyone who goes will really enjoy it. I just hope you guys will hold out for better terms.

I also will make a bet that at least 10% of the single guys who go there will come back married or engaged. Don't say you were not warned.