PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the Short Course for CPL/F-ATPL been approve yet?
Old 18th May 2010, 15:20
blue_side_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cxprune: go wallow in your own misery and/or feelings of moral superiority somewhere else. Or perhaps you might enlighten us on your actual position within CX (if you do work for CX), and a summary of your aviation background. I've no doubt we could find some shining examples in your own star-studded history that we might be able to interpret as 'prostitution' on your own part.

Your post stinks of the same logic that 'encouraged' (read: threatened) S/O and F/O applicants from applying (the 'recruitment ban' for 3-4yrs), after the whole nasty 49'er event. Meanwhile, current union members wasted no time in accepting upgrades into the still-warm seats of their fired 49'er colleagues. The saying 'pick on someone your own size' comes to mind, as does bullying. I'm sure you, as an upstanding member of the CX flight crew fraternity, upon learning of the reduced benefits package being offered to new Cadet recruits, marched straight upstairs to the DFO's office, where you argued your grievance in person. Get a backbone!

However, in theory I do agree that CX is taking advantage of market supply/demand to, very unfortunately, reduce the package/conditions. Unfortunately this is not the first airline or business to do such a thing. I don't agree with it either, but I empatically believe those currently applying need to make up their own mind on whether to accept the package. They most certainly are not 'prostitutes', and I think there are very few pilots in the airline that will 'hate their peers' in this case. This is not strike breaking, is it.

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see anyone posting that they deserved the fast-track. Seems they were merely enquiring about it, as they should.

I'm laughing at you that you could be so ignorant and self-righteous to post such c^&p.

Rant finished.