PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th May 2010, 13:31
melc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand there has been agreement reached but the sticking point is now to reinstate staff travel which WW has agreed to and re-instating sacked staff. On the latter every company has a policy which covers instant dismissal or letters of warning leading to disciplinary action.
With instant dismissal there has to be very good reasons for doing so - you can't just sack someone today the laws protect the employee - therefore unless BA want to see themselves in court they will have had excellent reasons for gross misconduct - bullying being one of them. They must also have witnesses attesting to this.

I am sure they have covered the letter of the law and if these people have truly bullied and harrassed non striking CC staff then they deserve everything they get.

To me, its just another excuse to strike - if WW agrees to reinstate these people then they will just find something else to strike about - they seem intent in bringing the downfall of BA and they should be stopped - CC its time you started voting with your heads - otherwise soon you won't have anything to vote for.