PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 13:11
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Did the obligatory trip a couple of weeks ago up through NW NSW and SW QLD to have a look at how much water got dumped on the ground up there back in February. To say "lot's" is understating things somewhat.
We were staggered at how much water is still laying around nearly three months after the event. If you get the chance to get out there over the next few weeks and have a look, don't hesitate, it's well worth it.
I hope the pics aren't to repetitive as I know Jaba (at least I got the wing in the right half of the picture) and some others have already posted on this subject.

Lake Menindee.

Menindee Lakes looking back up the Darling towards Wilcania.

Just north of Wilcania tracking up the Paroo River. It hasn't flowed into the Darling for a 118 years and has only done so three times in white man's history.

Looking up an eastern arm of the Paroo. In runs in from the righthand side in the previous photo.

Pedalling furiously towards Tibooburra for a refuelling stop and lunch at the pub.

Bullo creek overflow to the north....

....and looking out the lefthand side of the 210 to the south on descent for YTIB.

Looking up sun across the Coongie Lakes system.

Coongie Lakes on track form Innaminka to Birdsville.

Still a sh!tload of water around on descent into YBDV.

On the apron at YBDV....

Last edited by gassed budgie; 18th May 2010 at 13:23.