PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA to hire 30 contracts F/O's
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 12:36
MonsterC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MD-11 FO's for EVA Air

This is yet another well thought out knee jerk plan from Eva Air that will only serve to accelerate the already alarming speed with which pilots are leaving the company.

Let's not look at increasing the pay for existing pilots, ( straight from PY and Shine at the AGS, so please no more BS rumours about a 25% pay rise, it ain't going to happen.) no let's go out and hire a bunch of contract pilots on better terms and conditions than the guy's who are working for us right now.

Would really love to know what the excellent travel allowance and attractive bonus payments will be that are getting offered to these guy's. I bet it's not a christmas cabbage like we got 2 years ago ( last year we didn't even get the cabbage ). And when i say cabbage, that's not slang for money, we actually got given a F$%K'n cabbage.

Add to this the fact that these contract pilots will be on a flat pay rate regardless of how much they fly, so guess what's going to happen to us loyal eva pilots who rely on overtime to make a livable wage each month. You guessed it, we'll get it in the A@# again! they'll work these guys 100 hrs a month and cut everyone else back to 49.9 hrs a month. You just watch! Thank you Eva you really know how to make a guy feel valued.

Oh well, what can you expect from a company with the track record this one has. Not my problem anymore, when i get back to Taiwan on Friday their going to have one more pilot position on the MD-11 to fill. I'm actually looking forward to resigning from EVA. What does that tell you!

To all you guy's thinking of coming to EVA just remember to BYO lubricant !

Monster out !