PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gazelle: Flying, operating, buying
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2002, 18:44
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very good friend of mine owned a 1998 R22, that he used for business, but got very tired of trying to get home from business meets with mainly Northerly winds blowing against him, obviously this meant he would be better of by car, so he looked round for some thing that would be better and slightly bigger, what did he plump for but a 342 Gazelle, he purchased a absolutly brilliant machine from MW, at MWs insistance he did the extended conversion from R22 to 342, then he hired the tutor( Ex Raf Shawbury) to give him some more, now he flies all over Gt Britain with the speed of a swift arrow, having been with him a time or two I can confirm the Gazzer is a real performer and has so much power available, cross country speed is similar to that achieved by any sports car when driven flat out down hangar straight, comfort is superb, and handling is a dream, But beware of the pedal inputs at low speed when hovering, things tend to happen so fast.
Having paid a little tax in the past, I am extremly piŁŁed off, that all you mil types have had this Helo as your private transport FROM NEW, what about us civvies!!