PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th May 2010, 09:46
License to Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recruitment ...

I think this could now tie in with the Willies presentation at Waterside last week, when he said they were looking at CC recruitment again now. I am sure he knew the court case was coming then ....

If the company decides that its best to 'let go' the strikers (which is a hard move - but probably IMHO, a very good one as it will get rid of the militants who will never really want the best for BA/always have a chip on their shoulder). Many of them are probably the high earners as well. It could bring a breath of fresh air through the airline with strikers not judging non strikers. Oh, and the 'ONE TEAM" approach would stand a better chance of working .... customers i am sure would notice this and BA would be stronger for it.

I know there will be some that say the 'militants' are generally very nice people - well, yes, but not all of them are and numerous CC have been out of order in numerous ways during the last 12 months. I think a clean slate would be appreciated by most of BA and our customers.

If this did happen, i am sure the amount of volunteers/part timers could cover the shortfaul whilst the NEW Fleet is recruited (whenever the earliest that can be). bear in mind c.3000 strikers (does anyone really know the exact number?!) would not be hard to replace with some new working practices and some goodwill from current part timers....

I have had enough of my holidays and work being disrupted by this :- "malevolent union" (quote from one of BA's big shareholders, Standard chartered? maybe, who own 7% of BA, on Radio 4 yesterday 6.15am)

watch this space ... any news from the BASSA forum today ?