PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th May 2010, 07:47
Get Smart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re Ballot

Crash and Burn, dead right!!

Even if (in the unlikely event) they do re-ballot, I doubt they'll get the supporters needed for another round. Apart from the die-hard militants, quite a number of crew will be feeling very angry and let down (once again) by the union and probably wouldn't want to put their necks on the chopping block again for such an inept bunch such as Bassa.

I would imagine there are a lot of very worried crew now who are sorry they ever even took part in this illegal strike and their trust in Bassa has all but diminished and who can blame them? If they re-ballot, maybe they'll get a majority yes vote, but it certainly won't be 81% (which really was only about 63% except they were being economic with the figures) and considering the number of crew deserting them and changing their minds from yes to no on this occasion, it's a lost cause before they even consider another ballot.

Game over. Pack up the bouncy castle and samosa stall because I don't think it'll be needed again folks. Just now, hope and pray and you manage to keep your jobs and don't become the victims of Bassa's pointless war. I don't think WW will sack strikers anyway, but nonetheless, it's not nice being in that position, but if in their loonesy, they do decide to re-ballot, then I think he would sack them. Cut the arm off to save the body would be the only course of action left to take so I'd be very careful if I were going out on another strike!!!

Last edited by Get Smart; 18th May 2010 at 07:57. Reason: Added text