PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mekong in Vietnam
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 07:16
Dream Land
PPRuNe supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget, the reason they are offering this job to US pilots is because we are the cheapest labor available
That and the fact that there are no RJ pilots here to hire, virtually all local pilots here are working for Vietnam Airlines, there is no surplus of GA pilots sitting on the sidelines here.

You will be the initial cadre to get this off the ground here, the CAAV will put together a Air Law Exam appropriate for the RJ and all pilots will have to have a Vietnamese ATPL.

Hopefully your contract will stipulate that the local taxes are taken care of, or it could be a problem for US income taxes, there are a few exclusions for paying taxes, one is being a local resident which will NOT happen, another would be being out of the USA for 330 days per year.

For newcomers, dealing with traffic can be quite dangerous, I would recommend that you have transportation addressed in your contract.

Myself and my buddies considering the move are all late 20s and single, a couple with girlfriends that would come.
Well my only question would be, why bring a girlfriend to Vietnam?