PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - intergrated course switch
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 02:58
rolothedodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intergrated course switch

Hey im new to these forums so bear with me as I attempt my first post!

Im a student a particular intergrated flight school for a JAA frozen ATPL licence, but im unhappy with the way that the course is progressing. My current class intake is 80 hourse behind flying schedule, we have spoken to the head management and they have given some promises to get us back on track, (i.e. new aircraft, more instructors, etc) but so far the promises have been empty and nothing has been fulfilled!

I understand that no intergrated course is perfect and fully realise the stress involved in running such a course! BUT at the same time, delayed learning is not good for us students because each month we are beind means that it could be a month where we could have gotten a job and earnt money! as the old expression goes time is money!

The point im trying to make is that, do any of the intergrated JAA courses out in the rest of the world accept a transfer from another intergrated course?

If so what are the procedures involved and required?

I have also been looking into the oxford aviation academy and its intergrated course looks quite promising!! Of course that is what I have just seen on the website! Are there any graduated from the First officers course who could fill me in on what the college was like with regards to flying schedule and getting the students out on time??

How long does the first officers course last for?

If they would except a transfer from another intergrated JAA course!

I know its alot for a first post but any help would be greatly appreciated!