PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 22:49
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A thinks that since he was flying in Libya in 1971 (must be well past retirement now and only speaking as a clueless armchair pliot) he's an authority on the region, ICAO and even the psychological state of others. He hasnt produced a single valid argument for his animosity/objection towards my suggestions.. just personal attacks/ name calling which speaks volumes about his disposition.
That may be so, 411A certainly has highly personal opinions some find challenging, to say the least. In this case, though, he makes valid points, I respect his experience in that particular theater of operations. I’ve followed a somewhat similar career path, have even worked for one or two of the same airlines, although I have never met him.

In every, any, and all respects, Africa pretty much leaves you to your own wits. If you don’t have the requisite aviation chops, and they are very hard won, you’ve really no business strapping on any kind of flying machine there. North Africa is no different in this respect, the great sandy desert will kill you just as fast as the central jungles will.

Without remorse. It’s just the way it is. TIA.