PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI course in Oxford Aviation school
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 22:40
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fra,

even thought it can looked expensive , i think it ,being more famous than the others, can help me to find job opportunity in a FTO(in Europe) or Air Company in a more easy way.
Have to agree with alphaadrian on this one; they/it will not help. You need to ask what aircraft do they use? The single-engine fleet at Kidlington is quite small by comparison to other schools. Who specifically conducts the training and will they be invloved in other training activities whilst working with you (integrated IR instruction, 170A's, etc)? and how much time will be devoted to your spoken english language needs? I think you'd be better off with an outfit such as OnTrack or any of the other highly regarded schools offering FIC.

...lots of their APP graduates hanging about jobless making the figures look bad...
Which is largely the reason why they are offering FI Courses - there's not much profit in FI training but it gives the former students something to do in the hope that they might find employment as instructors before paying OAA for a type-rating out of thanks for their benevolence in helping them gain the first rung on the ladder then desperation when they discover that there are few jobs for aspiring flying instructors either. I understand that former student's are being employed to teach the early hours of the integrated course at Oxford during the theoretical stage prior to Goodyear - I bet the student's are impressed that having just spent 80K on a course of professional flight training their first instructor has practically no experience and is effectively only qualifed to teach to PPL level. Very cost effective for the school I would imagine .