PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 20:22
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new ballot

Of course there will be new ballot!

This whole thing is about BASSA and their leadership and followers versus `Wicked Willie`!!

How can WW be seen to win in their eyes?

I do believe this is not all over and several things will happen soon

Firstly the strikers will be sacked for taking part in an illegal strike.
Why should WW and the board let them get away with the disruption and cost they caused? We all know there are plenty waiting in the wings to take the positions of the sacked workers on `new fleet` terms and conditions.
Do the strikers deserve this?
IMHO yes!! Because they have blindly followed the BASSA line without considering the companys` financial position,any of the companys` offers and acted childishly and irresponsibly.Oh yes and believed every BASSA missive.
I am at a loss to understand for example what a 40 year old CSD (one of whom i recognised at Bedfont FC,) who has used all previous promotion opportunity to their advantage, has lose from BA`s proposals apart from gradual loss of routes over the years. What they may now lose is their career pension having already lost staff travel. Sad to see!
Will they be able to sue UNITE for the loss of their job?
New fleet will arrive a lot sooner than originally proposed.
Some protection must be given to those who supported the company and I suggest the best BA offer will remain on the table for them.

Why should WW lose/miss out on the opportunity to smash BASSA and remove a lot of deadwood from the company.?
Invest in the people who support BA an not just employees but the loyal customers.

Time to return BA to being the `Worlds` Favourite` and `Putting People First`