PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 17th May 2010, 19:23
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arty Scargill
The irony is Eddy, that this gross miscarriage of justice today has probably saved the jobs of all those who were planning on taking such action.

I'm not sure its right either, but then again the union have behaved disgrafeully throughout this whole sage so I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone today.
In which case, Arty, had I gone on strike, I'd now probably be investing heavily in Pampers for fear of Willie Walsh - who I think has had a bit of a game plan all along - coming after me and getting rid of me without annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny bother at all.

I fear all those who went on strike are now in grave danger if their records/files aren't crystal clear..... Which saddens me - a lot of GOOD people have taken part in this action.

By the way, was just watching sky news a couple of mins ago and they answered your question - basically the strike can be called again immediately (no 7 day notice required) should they be succesful tomorrow. However, they also confirmed what i posted before about the unlikeliness of the CoA even taking this case on. I think its probably curtains for now and hopefully a resolution can be thrashed out in the coming days.
Interesting. Thanks. Am in a bar and, sadly, the SWI / CHA (I dunno who they are - read that off the score bitty at the top... I hate soccer ball) game has taken priority over SkyNews.

ETA : can a judge REALLY remove the right of either party to appeal? That in itself seems almost undemocratic to me. There should be a limit to appeals, but no single judge should be allowed to decree that his/her judgement is beyond question.