PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 17th May 2010, 19:15
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shouldn't really have come as a surprise to those of us who value our democratic rights. Afterall, we live in a country where you can be imprisoned for protecting your property against worthless, caravan-dwelling, career criminal sh*t bags.....

As much as I don't agree with the strikes this time around, I absolutely DO agree that those who are in favour of them should be allowed to take action accordingly.

The courts of this country seem to be intent on starving the British people of their right to protect themselves.
The irony is Eddy, that this gross miscarriage of justice today has probably saved the jobs of all those who were planning on taking such action.
I'm not sure its right either, but then again the union have behaved disgrafeully throughout this whole sage so I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone today

By the way, was just watching sky news a couple of mins ago and they answered your question - basically the strike can be called again immediately (no 7 day notice required) should they be succesful tomorrow. However, they also confirmed what i posted before about the unlikeliness of the CoA even taking this case on. I think its probably curtains for now and hopefully a resolution can be thrashed out in the coming days.