PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 18:19
danieleb10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lola, I have just been reading through your post and would like to share something with you. My DOJ is June 7th and I wrote Emirates an email requesting to be part of the A380 crew. The reasons are: I have friends in A380 and friends in main fleet.

The ones in A380 are extremely happy, you get less "quantity" of destinations but you get more "quality" of time. You go to the same places a lot, and you since your flights are longer, then when you are in Dubai you have more days off in which you can fly on your own. Also since you do not do so many turn arounds you get more allowances. So there is many positive aspects of it. You get the fly with many of your friends as in the main fleet you barely see each other. Of course there are some disavantages, but it goes both ways. I want to start with A380 because I have been in love with the planes since ever saw them, but also I think there are pretty good benefits. My friends in A380 are always going to Thailand, UK, Canada, Paris, and other destinations... pretty cool places...

wish you all the best, and hope this makes you feel better... I hope they give me A380,