PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 16:36
Fiero88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Them versus us

Why oh why do we always have to refer back to cultural differences.
I do not deny that there are any but at this stage we have no absolute knowledge of what happened.
I have been working in the region but disagree that the skill to fly is questionable.
There is a tendency from, in particular but not only, the other side of the ocean to form an opinion about everything that happens in other parts of the world, claiming that everybody else is an ar...
Just looking at the flying conditions, which are in many cases much worse that in the America's, I applaud the relative low number of accicdents/incidents happening there.( am talking about North Africa here)
My admiration goes out to, in particular, the circumstances in Indonesia, Philipinnes and other countries in the region, where pilot skill is really shown. Weather, poor navigation aids and lack of local information forms the profesionalism here which is not seen in other parts of the world.

I am sure that if similar circumstances would excist in the USA, newspapers would even not mention the number of accidents anymore because they were part of daily life there as are traffic accidents.

A disaster is always a chain of events and most of the time happening in an eye blink.