PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th May 2010, 15:09
Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Captain Crunch!

Pretty strong words buddy but unfortunately you know nothing of me, my past or ALL of the reasons for my decision to possibly leave Qantas for a while.

For starters lets get your little fluffy cloud crap straigtened out. I'm not sure on your background mate & nore would i pass unfair judgment on it as you have on mine. However for your information I spent 10 years in general aviation in Australia working in remote areas (that make the ME look like a tropical oasis might i add) getting paid less than that needed to make ends meet, consistantly needing a second & sometimes third job in the earlier days to keep my head above water. So if the clouds fluffy mate its because i spent 10 years fluffing it & if you've got a problem with that its your problem not mine, I worked my ass off & made major sacrafices to get where I am end of story.

Now as for taking other peoples jobs again you couldnt be further from the truth. You seem to know alot about this fluffy cloud mate but did you know that Qantas is asking its pilots to take leave without pay & reduced flying to avoid redundancies of people at the bottom of the seniority list in the current economic downturn? Well just incase you didnt know all about that too know you do. So infact I would be taking a paycut to come work for Qatar, but by doing so would be saving other more junior qantas pilots already employed with financial commitments from losing there jobs, then houses too follow etc...

By the way, thanks for answering the other persons question & in doing so mine also. I shall sleep better on my fluffy cloud tonight thanks to your help.

Cheers!