PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:12
potatowings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I very rarely get offended by posts on here, but somehow I am close right now.

Corporate aviation is absolutely based on who you know, and for a very good reason as has been pointed out.

If my friend recommends me for a job over an unknown with the same experience and qualifications, of course I should get it. It's called networking and is relevant in all industries.

Race has no issues. I have worked with people of many different backgrounds in my career. White Europeans, black Europeans, Indians, Pakistani, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jewish, Hindu etc....

Never has any company I have worked for ever not looked at a CV presented to them based on colour or creed. They have however turned down candidates of a non white ethnic origin, just as they have white pilots. They have turned down female pilots just as they have male pilots. They have also hired ethnic minorities and also hired females.

Companies make money and therefore hire the best candidate for the job. Present them the best CV with the best contacts and references for the job you want and you will get it.

Spend your time focusing on building your CV rather than accusing others of being biased.

They are biased. They are biased towards the best candidates!