PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - wannabe
Thread: wannabe
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2002, 15:20
russelldav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow wannabe

maybe its jsut my bad luck, but i seem to have major decision-type parts of my life mucked up by major social events/ new legislation or terrorists.

im studying for my a-levels at the moment, and would really like to become a commercial pilot. i got a good set of gcses (10 of em) and have taken 5 as levels, continuing 4 onto a-level.

i've been reading through the literature on the BA website (which may or may not be up-to-date as it seems to conflict with some recent posts on the forums) and was thinking of applying for their sponsorship training deal instead of going to uni (mainly because i dont fancy going to uni for 4 years only to (apparantly) srtand the same chance of entry to BA 4 years down the line.

though, reading some of the stuff on the forums a degree to fall back on seems to make sense, particularly if the chances of realistically gaining sponsorship are minimal until way after 2004.

i was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice whatsoever. im only aware of BA training young ppl to become pilots, and since i have a very limited experience of flight before now (apart from several one-off lessons in a cessna) direct entry is obviously not an option.

thanks