PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 09:12
RadAlt2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walder:
I agree with you entirely. The amateur sleuths and the hypocrites are ready with their damning speculation long before the professional investigators have spoken. I say to them, stop for a minute and think: if this had happened to you, how would you feel about being tried in a kangaroo court?
4PW:
I never attempted to absolve or accuse the pilot of blame. I merely suggested ONE scenario in what could have happened without prejudice. Wait for the findings then blame or otherwise show us how what a clever pilot you are however much you like. I don’t care if you can competently land on a short , wet runway built on a swamp every single time. The fact remains, it is still a SAFETY RISK to your passengers and other pilots less able than you. Remember what your first instructor told you: “There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no…” etc etc. You may find that out the hard way.
Nugpot:
I don’t think I am wrong or naive in saying that ICAO should have more clout in standardising dangerous, ill equipped, badly run airports, nor that it cannot be effective. If an international body can impose sanctions in the name of politics, it can also impose sanctions in the name of safety. About the only thing for certain in this accident is that poorly equipped and maintained airports raise the stakes enormously.