PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG FMC Question
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 09:09
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The supp database is empty, and believe would only be relavant if I created a new point from scratch, not a temporary one using bearing/distance from an existing legs page capture intercept point.
- if it is empty, fine, otherwise it will cough up ALL the waypoints it knows based on CI27

Bally - as your posts move on, I detect you are not a 'magenta line' pilot at heart? The FMC is a tremendous source of information and can be used without the minutiae of detailed planing based on 'CI27' or whatever. EVERY approach I flew had airport (or 10 mile final for an ILS) in FIX 1. Speed and heights worked out 'in me heed' on that. That was enough. If you feel you need (or perhaps 'should') have some intermediate WPT, why not make one to suit the day rather than one based on a database approach? Would you not be better, say for a 'smokin' visual to roll out at 600' on final, just using either FIX range or DME? For an ILS into somewhere quiet, 15 off at 20nm, and for EDDF or LFPG, centreline at 40nm? All done via fix page on the airport - which is unique - so all your 'database' worries go away. Otherwise as the dbases grow as they inevitably do, I fear you will forever be fighting them.