PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 17th May 2010, 08:24
SLIPANDSKID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that you SHOULD be able to hire anybody you want, to work in your company. Whats that old saying " You don't want to go to war, with a w@^ker on you wing".

So if you get a recommend of a good pilot from someone you respect within your company, then they go to the top of the list. I say this as somebody who would one day like to fly corporate and doesn't know anybody in the business.

Forced quotas, Affirmative action!? Complete garbage! They are mathematically unfair.

Take Country A) 80% white, 10% black, 5% asian, 5% other

Company A) has 20 pilot jobs.

The quota says that there must be 2 jobs for black guys 1 for asian and 1 for "other"

This means that black, asian and other guy get a shot at all 20 jobs. White guy only at 16 jobs?!?!

Now if the quota also guarantees minimum 80% for the white then my point is invalid. People with more knowledge of this maybe able to correct me.

However;

Also if it is separated like this you can say in a way you are competing only against your section of the quota. Now if your race/culture is not as interested in becoming a pilot, for whatever reason, then it automatically becomes easier for people of that race to get the job.

If we enforced a quota like this using American demographics in the NBA for example, some people would get fairly pissy very quickly (and the standard of the basketball we watched would drop, lol)

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE HIRED TO BE A PILOT (OR ANY OTHER JOB) ARE THE BEST APPLICANTS FOR THE JOB. REGARDLESS OF RACE OR SEX.

S&S