PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2010, 07:05
Walder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all.

Most of you will probably ignore this comment….
I am very ”pleased” to see so many ”qualified” investigators in this forum.
Please only share facts – not guesses! Facts are what you have seen or heard on first hand!
When starting guessing, you may start an avalanche and might very well ending up with the wrong conclusions.
Please let the real investigators tell us what really happened.

Bare in mind, you were not there! You did not see what they saw! (I do not say it was not a pilot error. I was not there, I did not see anything and I have not heard the tapes: I do not know!)

But let me remind us all: (To prevent accidents caused by human errors)
Human errors occurs – normally started by a single event that makes you take some action or decision, and if you took a incorrect action or decision but believe you did right, you will continue on that path until you realise you were wrong – if you ever will find out. That is typically how to start a chain and it could well be combined with technical problems too.
It is rear that both pilots go in same the wrong direction with the feeling they did right. When it happens, it can be very dangers!
So if you ever fell something is not right – even it is a minor thing – share it – as soon as possible!
If you believe you do the right thing and someone asks questions about your decisions then listen carefully!
That is the most important in aviation!

And here we can have the benefit if the Flight Safety System is used correct:
When ever we make errors, remember to share it through the Air Safety Report (ASR). If we all do so, the Flight Safety Officer has a tool to find trends at a very early stage that can be announced as an eye-opener for all of us – or bring some of the events to the next SIM-pass.
(If you have a Flight Safety Culture there only blames you when you admit your errors, then you have no Flight Safety Culture, but an I’ll Blame You Culture!)

Walder – a human being.