PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas transition from FE to FO
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 23:12
dumbdumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There IS a problem with this on the Atlas side . . . at least in my opinion. Here's the scenario. Let's say you were a F.E. for ten years then finally decide to move to the right seat. Well, guess what? Sure, you can do that all right but I'll bet ya don't know what happens to your seniority. Bueller?? Anyone??? You go to the BOTTOM of the F.O. list as the F.E. list is completely seprate. So you give up all that seniority for bidding. Tell me that's not a kick in the shorts.

Don't know what crewmember originally thought of this but talk about F'ing your buddy! Wow. You can imagine that cockpit. Sorry dude you're good enough to sit sideways but when it comes to touching the yoke you're not good enough. What a joke! Yes, I know some of you might start the debate of not enough experience. But if the check airman checks them out on the airplane then they're qualified. End of story.

At the majors a seniority number was a seniority number -- period. From what I understand . . .no, what i know is, it's the same way on the Polar side of the house -- at least for now.